Staging is the art of using marketing and decorating techniques to create an environment that buyers can aspire to. “If I buy this house, I can live like this.” Stagers use the art of “positioning” to create several “emotional connection points” throughout the home so that when a buyer steps into the house they “feel home.” “This is it.” “This is the one.” What does feeling home look like? For Home Stagers it’s a combination of eight elements analyzed in each room in order to create a lasting impression for the home buyer:
1. First Impressions – Room by room, we will walk through and take note of our first impressions, what grabs us, what glares at us and what gives to us a feeling of home?
2. Eliminating Clutter – The packing starts now as we pack away a good percentage of everything in the room in order to create a more clean, open and spacious feel.
3. Emphasizing the Positive – While Downplaying the Negative – Finding your beautiful focal points, we will emphasize what we love about the room and hide or distract the negative aspects of the rooms.
4. Lighten Up – Focusing on lighting and color, we will make each room into a bright, warm and inviting space that buyers can respond to.
5. Home Buyers Appeal – In order for a buyer to “feel home” they need not be reminded of this being your home. We’ll depersonalize the space while retaining the warmth and fun of photos.
6. Odor free/Cleaning/Repairs – The dirty work speaks for itself but is many times overlooked because you’ve lived here for so long. Let’s get rid of the buyer’s mental “repair list” by doing it ourselves.
7. Modernizing – Updating your style and building simple accessories out of what you already have to create clean lines and form. In some cases, we’ll recommend purchases as valuable “investments” in the staging process.
8. “Emotional Connection Points” – Creating the “Wow Factor”. This is the fun part and is a huge focus of our positioning strategy. We’ll show you how to build in these subtleties in order to make the buyers subconsciously desire to live here and “feel home”. The “emotional connection points” are where marketing strategy really comes in to play
You are eight critical steps away from selling your home quickly and for more money. The process is started in the consultation by having the seller put on “buyers eyes” as a first step in transforming their home into what home buyers will desire and buy.